We want you to explore as much as possible, that’s why standard for us to ensure all tanks are filled to 200 bar. If your tank does not contain minimum of 200 bar of air we will refund the price of your trip.
Cook Island Marine Park (Otherwise known as Turtle Island) is a small, volcanic outcrop located approximately 600m offshore from Fingal Head (Southern end of the Gold Coast). In 1998, this beautiful marine park was declared an aquatic reserve to protect the marine life and biodiversity of the islands reef system.
Cook Island is home to the green loggerhead turtle, as well as a stunning array of sub-tropical fish, rays, nudibranch, clownfish, gropers, parrot fish, puffer fish, octopus bullseyes and many more. You will also find migratory species of leopard sharks and manta rays in the summer and the grey nurse shark in the winter, and the wobbegongs throughout the year.
The island is essentially broken up into three different sections; the north, south and the east. There is always a range of sites to choose from because there is always a calm side of the island protected from wind and swell, and each section has its own unique topography and marine life. And if you think the Great Barrier Reef is beautiful, wait until you see the diversity of the coral reef at Cook Island.
Another bonus of diving Cook Island is we get to spend our surface intervals watching whales as they migrate to the north, then again as they head south playing with their newborns (June – October).
- Double dive at Cook Island Marine Park
- Free transport departing Sporty’s Warehouse
- Personalised service catering for divers of all abilities
- Maximum of 6 divers (Plus guide) per trip to provide a comfortable boat trip
- Experienced dive guide with knowledge of where to find the turtles and cool marine life, and has a high emphasis on safety
- 2 x Tanks filled to a minimum of 200 bar
- Yummy snack and drink during surface interval
- Dive with a friendly dive company who puts you first, and meet other friendly divers
- Regulator Set – Mares MR12/Rover with Suunto computer console
- BCD – Mares Rover with integrated weights, trim weight pouches, whistle and safety sausage
- Wetsuit – Mares Rover 5mm and 7mm
- Mask and snorkel – Mares
- Fin Set – Mares/Seac
Cook Island is suitable for Open Water certified divers who have dived within the last 12 months.
- Choosing the date and time you would like to dive on the calendar below > Click Book Now.
- Choose any hire equipment you need including sizes (You are welcome you to stop by the shop prior to the day of your dive to try on your hire gear… and meet us of coarse :).
- Choose if you would like courtesy transport departing from Sporty’s Warehouse.
- Enter your details and credit card details to secure your booking. Note: We process your payment the day prior to your dive.
- You will receive an email confirming your registration. This email will include a link for your to complete our online waiver. Please complete this waiver prior to the day of your dive.
Please remember to bring your certification card with you on the day of your dive.
MEETING US AT THE BOAT please meet us at the Fingal Boat ramp at your nominated date and time of trip. The Boat ramp is located opposite 109 Fingal Rd, Fingal Head NSW 2487. You will find us setting up on the grassed area beside the boat harbour.
If you experience seasickness, we advice you take sea sickness tablets the evening before your dive and when you wake up in the morning of your dive. You can purchase sea sick tables from any chemist.
We will check your dive certification card and have a chat with you to see how we can best look after you throughout the dives
We will load the boat and head out to Cook Island where you will enjoy a memorable diving experience!
1. Turtle Cove 2. Northern Buoys 3. Mary’s Rock 4. The Amphitheatre 5. Eastern Caves 6. The Blow Hole
7. Turtle Garden 8. Southern Buoys 9. The Coral Garden 10. The Sling Shot