The Scuba Skills Update is available for SSI, PADI, SDI, TDI BSAC, NAUI and RAID certified divers.
Sometimes life can demand a bit of a break between dives. So when your ready to get amongst it again completing our Scuba Skills Update wilt get you ready for more diving adventures. We will refresh your diving skills and knowledge and let you know about any new equipment or changes since your last dive/dive course.
- We sill sign you up for your free DivesSSI online account where you will complete a short online information module prior to joining us for the update.
- The first component of your Scuba Skills Update will be a classroom discussion reviewing open water level knowledge and equipment. We will also discuss any new equipment or changes in training methods since you last dived or did your open water dive course.
- Then we are off to the pool where we will get you comfortable in the water again. We will go for a bit of a swim then do a buoyancy check to refresh your memory on how much weight you carry. We will then run through all open water level skills so you can be familiar with them again and confident in using them in the event you may need to.
- On completion we will answer any questions you may have and give you some options for diving opportunities with us so you can get back to enjoying your diving adventures.
Our Scuba Skills Updates are fun and you will be surprised how much you learn!
- Send us an expression of interest with a date you would like to do your update.
- A deposit of $100 is required when confirming your booking.
- When we receive your registration we will send you the details to register your SSI Online Divers Internet Access (ODIN).
- Your Scuba Skills Update module will be unlocked so you can go on and complete your online training component in your own time.
- It is a requirement that you complete a medical form and submit it to Gold Coast Divers. There may be a requirement for you to get your GP or a Diving Doctor to sign you off as being ‘fit to dive’. We will advise you if this is required.
- Complete your online information module then join us for a day of fun getting you ready for the water again!